HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

MDX: Hi, My 2006 Acura MDX AC relay is not getting any power. I

Customer Question

Hi, My 2006 Acura MDX AC relay is not getting any power.
I checked the pressure and fuses and everything looks ok.
I jumpered the relay and the clutch does not engage.
Checked the voltage for the relay connection and am getting nothing in the box.
Any help?
Thanks
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

Let's see if we can figure out your a/c issue in your MDX.

first according to the schematic the relay receives power from two sources. Fuse #3 (7.5 amp) from the driver's fuse panel and fuse #59 (7.5 amp) from the under hood relay box. I am assuming you have checked both fuses and they are ok. if there is no power at the fuses, then you will have to back probe the respective fuse panels to see if there is power into the panel. you may have a faulty fuse panel causing your issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm getting no voltage at the MG Clutch fuse in the under hood box.

So, no power at the fuse or relay.

ok i will get you a picture of the back of that particular fuse box and you can trace the power going in the fuse panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great

here look at this schematic first before we get into the rear of the panel click here it would suggest that fuse 59 shares paths with other fuses, so if those other fuses have power then the problem is internal in the fuse panel. it also suggests that power from the fuse goes directly via the fuse panel to the relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, got it.

It appears that the other fuses are ok.

and both fuses #3 and #59 in two different fuse panels both don't have power at all in either connection on either side of the fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

#3 in the cabin has power.

#59 does not.

oh ok i thought I read in your notes that they both did not have power. ok I will see if i can find a good picture of the rear of the under hood fuse panel for you.
here is a picture of the connectors at the back of the under hood fuse panel. connector D is for the HVAC so check those wires carefully. let me know click here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The connections appear to be ok, no signs of corrosion or broken wires.

ok using the table under the picture, check for power at the respective connectors and let me know what you find

excuse me, but i don't understand why you rated my service poor. First i believe we weren't done with the diagnostics on your issue. second i believe i had helped you greatly explaining the circuits and providing you with several diagrams of the circuits.

If you left the negative feedback by a mistake please withdraw the rating, if you are not completely satisfied then understand I believe WE WERE NOT finished working on a solution. I do not deserve the rating you have given me so far. Not finding a quick or guaranteed solution to your issue is not grounds for a poor rating. Problems especially electrical issues are difficult even with the car in front of you, imagine what it is like trying to fix it on the computer.

HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience: OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey,

Sorry about that, I don't know how that happened.

I think it happened when viewing the message on my phone.

I'm trying to figure out how to retract the rating...

You have provided excellent service and I haven't had time to verify the power at the connectors.

It's difficult to take the connectors apart, and I need to coordinate the time for when I don't need to use the vehicle.

OK thanks for your response. if you have any problems retracting the rating, please contact customer service and they can help.

the connectors can be tricky yes, but take your time. whenever you get a chance to test the connections that will be fine, just post your findings on the thread.

you can accept this answer with a excellent rating and it will erase the negative rating. thanks again and i will hear from you soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey,

It's been a while, however I've now figured out that I have power getting to the clutch relay. When I jumper the relay, the AC clutch does not engage.

Thanks

ok if you jump the relay and the clutch still does not engage and you have power up to the clutch then the clutch is faulty