Kyle N.
Kyle N., ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  Master ASE Tech, Ca. smog lic
652461

RSX Type-S: I have a 2003 rsx type s and Ive had p1122 and

I have a 2003 rsx type s and I've had p1122 and baro sensor codes, but never both at once.
I cleaned out the throttle body and IACV last week which seemed to fix the p1122 but the baro didn't go away.
Yesterday it bogged down and soon after died. it would start then die again. I could let it sit a few minutes and it would start and run fine for a quarter mile or so and then try to die again.
Took it to the dealership and they said I would have to replace the ecu to fix problem and that the MAP sensor was showing issues, but that those issues could be caused by the baro sensor problem.
Are there any other problems that could prevent it to run or does this sound about right?
Also I am considering replacing it with an ECU that's been modified with Kpro. As far as compatability goes do I need to worry about the A0x number or will it work as long as it's PRB?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 1 year ago.

Kyle N :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Acura expert here at JustAnswer.com. I'd be glad to help you with your question.

Kyle N :

The BARO sensor is just a function of the ECU it doesn't actually exist. It's a calculation of other readings. If you get that code the ECU is flawed internally

Kyle N :

I would definitely change out the ECU next.

Customer:

ok do you suppose it could be caused by other bad readings from different sensors confusing the ecu

Kyle N :

Doubt it. It would code for those sensors too.

Kyle N :

I've worked on Hondas for 15 years and never once have I had a baro code caused by anything other than a bad ECU

Customer:

ok what about ecu compatibility

Kyle N :

I'm not sure about that one. I'm a dealer tech so we just order the same ECU that came out of the car.

Customer:

would this baro problem be causing other random codes like the p1122 or do you think i will still have problems with parts like the iac and tps

Kyle N :

I think you if you have any other problem it's not related to the baro.

Customer:

when you order an ecu replacement are you just ordering one to fit the year model and engine trans type or do you match one to the same version number as the ecu

Kyle N :

For us they order off the VIN# XXXXX ensure it's the correct replacement part. When they look it up on the Acura parts catalog it will only show the correct ECU. Hope that helps. I know they have numbers on them too. If you could find a used one you may be able to match the number and it works but I'm not for sure since I just order new ones. You may want to contact a company like Hondata. You maybe able to get an ECU from them that is reprogrammed for more power and eliminate the BARO code.

Kyle N :

www.hondata.com

Kyle N :

They reprogram Honda/Acura ECU's

Customer:

that's actually what i'm considering is an ecu already reprogrammed have you ever seen a problem with the side air bag light flickering when there is no one in the passenger seat

Kyle N :

Yes sometimes the OPDS is bad or the seat weight sensor is bad

Customer:

ok if there were a problem with the fuel pump would an error code show up because it seemed like a bad fuel filter when it was going dead on me.

Kyle N :

No the BARO figure tells the computer what the air density is. If that figure is off the computer can have a problem creating a good air/fuel mixture and it can run bad.

Customer:

ok thanks for your help you've reassured me that my mechanic is right about the ECU. Excellent Service

Kyle N :

No problem!

Kyle N., ASE Certified Tech
Experience: Master ASE Tech, Ca. smog lic