Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Acura MDX: I have a 2007 Acura MDX that has been getting ODE

I have a 2007 Acura MDX that has been getting ODE code P0842. When I look this us I see: [P0842 Short in 2nd Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch Clutch, or 2nd Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch (Clutch) Stuck ON]. Most forums I've found say this is faulty pressure switch and not a true transmission problem.

NOTE: I had P0848 on the same vehicle about a month ago [P0848 Open in 3rd Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch Circuit, or 3rd Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch Stuck OFF]. The dealer replaced the switch (for $350) and fixed the issue.

I bought PN 28600-RAY-003 to attempt to fix it myself. I need to confirm the following:
1.) Did I buy the correct PN?
2.) Where is the sensor located? (there is a lot of stuff online about the location of the 3rd clutch switch, but I can only find one brief mention in a forum about the 2nd clutch switch and I don't trust it.)
3.) Other than accessing the sensor and replacing it, is there anything special that I need to do?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Ok, the pressure switch is underneath the airbox and battery location, on the transmission. Per my parts manual, that is indeed the correct part number.

1. Remove the battery

2. Remove the under-hood subfuse box from its bracket, and remove the bracket from the battery base.

3. Remove the intake air duct and air cleaner housing.

4. Remove the battery base and battery base bracket.

1. Disconnect the 2nd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch connector, and remove the 2nd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch (A).

2. Install the new 2nd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch (A) and a new sealing washer (B), and tighten the switch.

3. Make sure there is no water, oil, dust, or foreign particles inside the connector.

4. Connect the connector securely.

5. Install the battery base bracket and battery base.

6. Install the air cleaner housing and intake air duct.

7. Install the under-hood subfuse box on the battery base, and install the subfuse box on its bracket.

8. Install the battery

graphic

graphic

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

oops, I think I uploaded the same diagram twice.
this should of been the first one:

graphic

forgot to mention, you will have to unlock your radio after this as battery is disconnected. make sure you have the code in your owner's manual, otherwise you have to have a dealer do this for you with scan tool.