acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

mdx: 2004 acura mdx navigation screens states no signal all

2004 acura mdx navigation screens
states no signal all the time, I tried another drive unit from a 2005, it had a different part number, everything plugged in, but the touch screen would not work, so I couldnt put in the code. Is this because the newer drive unit wasn't compatible? Also, does the 2 pin gray plug receptacle have a plug that goes to it, there is a gray plug near the area that is 2 pin, but it doesn't fit. This is regarding the navi drive under the passenger seat
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Pearl.com. I'm acramstr. 04 and 05 are different units. so it will not allow for a swap. the gray plug you are talking about is it wrapped in blue tape to the harness? or are you talking about the small square plug in back of the unit? Has the original unit ever worked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I bought the car with the navigation issue, the previous owner said it

once worked, I desperately want to fix the problem. The gray plug from

the harness was taped tightly and not used. The plug on the navi unit itself sits vacant without a plug. With the original navi unit plugged in

under the seat, other screen functions such as the menu worked and the

back up camera. With the 2005 unit, it just asked for the code, the touch screen would not work at all, nor the back up camera. The plugs mentioned above, are they necessary for navi antenna signal

The plug wrapped in blue tape is a test plug and you don't need to worry about it. the gps antenna is the small plug in the back of the unit .You need that plugged in. The best thing to do is to just have the original unit fixed. These are very delicate and most of the used ones are bad .your best bet is to have the original unit repaired. Here is the website of a place that can fix it for you http://www.hitechserv.com/electronics-repair/oem-navigation-dvd-cd-changer-repair/65

And here is the place the dealers send them to .

graphic

the first place is a little cheaper.

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know. .

.

.

.Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understand the test plug, so I leave that taped to the harness.

Can you tell me how many pins and/or the color of the antenna receptacle?

On the unit the gray receptacle has one or two pins in it, however, I dont see that it has a plug for it. Is that the antenna or something else. The next smallest is black 8 pin. In other words, the only receptacle that doesnt have a plug is the upper left gray one as mentioned above.

The antenna is in the upper left of the picture . Here is a picture of the back of the unit . The antenna connector might be under the carpet or seat track. it is small and gets under things easily.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so, my very last thing, how can I can the navigational code with the serial number or vin at this time of night

The site closed a few hours ago .But f you give me the serial number off the unit I can look it in the morning.
Good morning. your code is 7427. Sorry but the site rules say we can only communicate through these posts. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.