acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

white smoke coming out from underneath my hood after started

I have white smoke coming out from underneath my hood after 4-5 minutes of having the car started. My tempature doesnt show there is any heat problem. What could it be?
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to I'm acuramstr.Without seeing the car it is hard to say what could be wrong. First lets check all the fluid levels and look for anything unusual under the hood. I have a few questions as well if you dont mind .has the power steering update been done ? Have you noticed any thing unusual in the way the car acts?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, power steering has been making a buzzing sound and now it's now turning as easily.
ok. You might have a power steering leak. Do you know if the update has been done? If you dont know post back your vin number and I can check.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sure ihas not been done but I don't have my car or registration with me right now. What does it cost to fix the power sterring?
If it is the power steering pressure hose it is a free repair. We had problems with these leaking and Acura recalled all of them. So get it looked at as soon as possible If it is the hose it is a fire hazard. If possible have someone look at the level of the power steering fluid and see if they can see the hose leaking . If it is leaking dont drive the car.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the vin# XXXXX The
You are due for 2 very important recalls on this car. One is the power steering hose . I suggest you get this done as soon as possible and do not drive the car due to the fire hazard the leak causes.This is a free repair So there is no cost to you. please contact the closest Acura dealer to get this done as soon as possible. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.