acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

driving slow (i.e..parking the car)...hard to turn steering wheel.

I have been having steering issues, especially when I am driving slow (i.e. parking the car). It's very hard to turn steering wheel. This started a few months ago when the weather was cooler and at that time, it was also making a noise. Since the weather has warmed, I do not hear the noise anymore, but it is hard to steer. I had it in the shop and they flushed the steering and replaced the steering fluid. I'm not sure what is going on. A guy at my office used the car today and said the steering wheel was hard to turn when he went to park the car. Any idea what the problem is. My car is a 2006 TL with less than 62,000 miles on it. Help!
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr.The steering in the 06 model is notoriously stiff compared to other models especially at low speed. So you might not have a problem But if it is stiffer than normal. We see problems with the power steering pumps on these as well as the reservoir. I would check the pump for leakage and replace the reservoir (they have a filter inside that gets plugged) and make sure the tires are properly inflated.Also be sure the shop used the correct fluid when they flushed the system. As far as the noise cold goes there is an updated "o" ring in the feed pipe to fix this Have someone pull the feed pipe off the pump and make sure the "o" ring is orange if not replace it with the updated part.