acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

I remove the passenger mirror from the car...cracked..garage door

How do I remove the passenger mirror from the car. That back housing was cracked when my daughter hit the garage door while backing out the car. I need to replace both the front and back housing.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 4 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. These are pretty easy to do. just turn the mirror heater on to warm up the glass and push it to one side in the housing .Then use a long thin screwdriver to gently pry the glass off the actuator . then remove the torques screws from the housing . there is one screw under the housing by the pivot that goes through both half's of the housing . just push the mirror to one side to get at it.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The mirror is not the problem. I need to remove/detach the housing from the car. There is a spring where the wires go though, somehow I need to detatch that from the car. I've attached a photo. graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry the photo is rotated, but the probmel is the screw on the top of the picture. I need to reattached to the housing, but in order to do that I need to detach it from the car.
Expert:  acramstr replied 4 years ago.
just push the mirror toward the fount of the car ans put the bit in a shallow socket and use a 1/4 ratchet to turn it . Or you can remove the door panel and the mirror . But I leave the mirror on the car it is much easier. I can give you instructions for the door panel in about an hour If you would like. Im away from my computer right now driving home.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry but I don;t see anywhere I can use a 1/4 ratchet? My car is white so the housing is white. I need to detach the front side of the mirror from that car. The screws the hold the front and back together, one is missing broken all the way through, and the second screw is broken. Does this help?graphic
Expert:  acramstr replied 4 years ago.
Ok, the screw you are talking about is it at the arrow? If so ,Push the mirror all the way forward and the screw will be visible from the bottom. This is how I get to them
This repair is pretty common believe it or not. Garage doors like to hit these. Anyway if you want to remove the mirror from the door here is how it comes off I downloaded the instruction in PDF format for you click HERE[/b] If there is anything else I can help you with let me know. graphic