acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

1995 Acura Legend: d4 drive indicator light..speedometer..start back

I have a 1995 Acura Legend. The D4 drive indicator light is blinks and the speedometer works intermittantly. It will go from working to dead in seconds then start back up again. Not sure my NTW guys can handle this. Any thoughts?
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr.This is a very common problem on this model. You have a bad speed sensor. Acura makes a kit for repairing this problem. It is not a hard thing to replace but you need a set of tamper proof torques bits to get the cover off. The part number of the kit is 06560-PY3-000 . It is located in the front of the differential next to the oil filter . Here are the instructions for replacement.