acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

1996 Acura Integra RS: schematic..driver door..controls..power windows

I have an 1996 Acura Integra RS, do you know where I can get the schematic for the wiring harness between the driver door and body. This wiring harness controls the power windows and side mirror.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. Here are the diagrams for the mirror and window showing wire colors . There are no diagram showing just the door all together. Since you have an RS there may be some things not on your car on this diagram.I downloaded the instruction in PDF format for you click HERE and click HERE If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got the diagrams, however I am not sure how I can apply them to my problem, Here is more detail to the problem. As I said the power windows do not work on drivers and passenger side and also the power side mirror does not work, automatically it is not a fuse problem because fuse are specific to one thing not working instead of in this case where three things aren't working. I then saw this wiring harness between the driver door and body of the car, I open the door as far as it can go, even taking out a cotter pin on a connecting rod from door to frame to open the door further. I pull back the rubber covering on the wiring harness close to the connector on the door side and I see one wire with an intact connector that is free from all the other wires going into the connector.

So that is the problem I have a loose wire and not sure what hole in the connector this loose wire needs to go.

The problem is that there are same spare holes inside of the connector and now my question is which hole in the connector does this free wire go into.

I think I may have to take the door off to get a better look at the connector and tell if the connector has numbers for each hole and see the color of the wire. However I am not sure in your drawings you sent what is the connector designation for the wiring harness coming off the door. Your wiring diagram shows the wiring inside the door, but my question is will the drawings show the pin numbers of that connector and how will I identify the loose wire and put it back in the back of the connector.

Hope all this makes sense, maybe my best bet is get a new wiring harness from a junkyard?

Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.

Ok, connector 506 is the connector you need to look at. here are the cavity numbers and diagram detail. .If you look next to the wires you will see a number that is the number it is in the plug diagram.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the input and the diagrams look pretty good, although when I had exposed the rubber around the harness it seeming like there were a lot more than 6 wires going into the connector. I may ask you some questions later but for now I am going to attempt to take the door off to get to the wiring harness a lot easier. Thanks for your help. You have helped more than talking to any service or Acura dealer around here.

Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.
Ask away, I will not be around tomorrow but i will try to check in in the morning and later tomorrow night. If you can tell me the component in the door where the wire goes we can find out what circuit it is on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I am not sure about how to find the component where the wire goes, do you mean for me to take off the inside door panel and trace wires? The problem is the loose wire is inside the wiring harness and on the side of the door versus the body of the car and I don't know what hole to put the wire in. I know that both switches on the inside of the drivers door which control the drivers and passenger windows do not work, also the switch which controls the power left and right side mirrors do not work. Does that help?

Do you think taking the door off is a good idea, is that a tough thing to do? Thanks

Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.
I would try to work through the door from the inside with the inside panel off . Taking the door off is a big job it would be easier to take the harness out from under the door panel. If nothing works checking the jamb. The wires can break in the door jamb from opening and closing the door ,So check them first .As far as the wire you are looking for that is pulled out find the wire color on the diagram then find the number next to it and match it to the plug diagram to find it's place
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1