acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

2008 MDX: stopping working suddenly and wont reset

The driving position memory on my 2008 MDX stopping working suddenly and won't reset. When you follow the instructions in the manual to set a driving position, there is no beep when you press the Memo button, and the positions won't take. Does anybody know what's wrong or how to fix?
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. when you use the driver seat slide switch will the seat move? when you enter the car does the dash say welcome driver 1(2) ? Do the mirrors tilt when you put the car in reverse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Says just Welcome on the dash, no mention of driver 1 or 2. Mirrors do not tilt in reverse.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't think I replied to your first question -- the seat does still move when you use the slide switch.
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.
Ok press the "lock" and "Unlock" buttons on the remotes at the same time and hold until the red light on the remote blinks . lock the door with the remote then unlock the door with the remote and see id it says welcome driver 1(2) then retry tho set the seat position. let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, this is what I did. While I was waiting for your reply, I went on the bulletin boards and saw some discussion about this problem. The main recommendation was to check fuse 20 on the under-dash board and replace it, if defective, with a 10A fuse (instead of the original 7.5A). I checked this fuse -- it did not seem broken, but as soon as I replaced it, my driver position memory system (DPMS) seemed to work again, so I thought maybe the fuse had been loose, or the fuse seat was dirty and I had accidentally scraped it clean.

Anyway, following this, I did what you recommended with the remote. When I entered the car, I did not get a Welcome Driver 2, but the lights on the DPMS were green, and things seemed OK. I put the car in reverse, and the mirrors did not tilt. Then I switched off and switched on, and this time the DPMS system did not work at all! So I tried your technique again, and it worked. My main impression from all this is that the system seems to have become unpredictable. Not sure why.
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.
Ok, You need to replace the mirror actuators. We see them short out and act like this . There is a service bulletin for this problem. The actuators are about $55.00 each and labor should be about $100.00 for both. The reason I asked all the questions was to be sure the remotes were linked before suggesting the actuators.
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1