Kyle N.
Kyle N., ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  Master ASE Tech, Ca. smog lic

2011 TSX: stalling..accelerate..a stop to about 15 - 20 miles an hour

I have a 2011 TSX. It has recently started "stalling" on me. It happens when I initially accelerate from a stop to about 15 - 20 miles an hour and then let up on the gas. The engine then becomes unresponsive to further acceleration for about 1/2 of a second to a full second. It started out as a minor irrititation but the last time it was disturbing. I had pulled into the center lane on a very busy road, looked in my mirror to see the cars coming up from behind and then I tried to accelerate and nothing happened for a full second. I took the car to the Acura dealer yesterday and the service manager said that there is nothing wrong, that's "just the way it is with this engine." I don't buy that. I would like another opinion.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 4 years ago.

That's definitely not a normal characteristic of the car. You need to take it back to the dealer and explain the problem again and ask them to use a flight recorder on the car and go drive it. The flight recorder will catch the data of what's happening with the engine when the problem happens. If the dealer is unwilling to do this try another dealer. If you don't have another dealer call Acura customer car and file a complaint. You have plenty of options at this point. If you continue to bring the car in and they can't fix it you can request Acura buy the car back as a lemon.
Hope that helps.