Neal
Neal, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Acura MDX: humming..it when in neutral and revving engine)..90K miles

My 07 Acura MDX has a humming engine sound (can hear it when in neutral and revving engine). It has 90K miles on it - any ideas?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

The first think to check is you power sterring fluid level and all the pulley bearings on the engine. It is best to remove the belt and check each by hand. You can also start the engine if it is cold without the belt for a minute or less to see if the nose is there without the belt.

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.