acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Acura MDX It seems that the bluetooth module on my 07 MDX

It seems that the bluetooth module on my 07 MDX has gone bad, HFL not working at all. Nothing happens when you press the HFL talk button on the steering wheel, thus I can not pair a phone now. The connection became intermittent a few weeks ago and then quit working all together. I had been using the same phone for about 1 year with no problem and the bluetooth on the phone is fine (I have tested it with other devices). Is the bluetooth module something I can replace? Where is it located? I'm thinking it's in the overhead console. A reply would be appreciated.
Hi Carol, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. You can replace the blue tooth module yourself. In a 2007 model it is located in the rear of the center console. We have had some failures in these So it is very likely a bad HFL (blue tooth) module. the part number is XXXXX it cost about $185.00 I downloaded the replacement instruction in PDF format for you click HERE If there is anything else I can help you with let me know .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I looked at the diagram in the pdf file. There is no mention of the HFL (bluetooth) module...once I've removed the console trim will that module be easy to locate? Is that an Acura part # XXXXX referenced or can it be purchased elsewhere? I really appreciate your help.

the box in the drawing is the HFL module you will see it when you pull the trim off . the part number I gave you is the Acura part number. They are not available anywhere but Acura. Dont buy a used one the new factory ones are modified to last longer a used one may not last. Here is a picture of the unit. You will notice the blue tooth symbol on the label.

graphic