Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

2002 Acura: passenger side..seats..the dome light doesnt work..mirror

I have a 2002 Acura TL. I let my son's friend fix a dent in the driver's side door. Ever since, the passenger side windows don't work from the
driver's control panel, the memory seats don't work, the dome light doesn't work when the door is opened, the mirror control doesn't work. The
radio and windows used to work after the car was shut off but don't anymore. The locks don't work. A local mechanic said it has something to
do with the multiplex control unit and wouldn't touch it. Does it need reset? Replaced?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

do you know if he had the door trim panel off when he repaired the dent?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He said he had the inside door panel off but says he didn't take the door itself off. He checked all of the switches and said they all are fine.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Ok, the door panel needs to come back off and peel back the wiring harness tape to expose the wiring to physically check the black wire and the white wire with red striping for breaks, cuts or chafing and repair as needed.

If none of the wires have a problem, then it is very likely that he shorted the multiplex control unit out and will need to be replaced. to verify, a scan tool has to be used to test the multiplex unit by commanding on the various functions. This will have to be done by a dealership.