acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

Acura Legend LS How tough is it to replace blower motor relay

How tough is it to replace blower motor relay on 94 Acura Legend LS
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Just Answer. I'mCustomer the relay is just under the glove box it is easy to replace but they rarely go out. Is the blower inop at all speeds/ have you checked power to the blower motor? any recent work done around the glove box?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Blower was working intermitently usually worked when my wife left for work in am but didn't on her return in the evening. Now the blower isn't coming on but when I crack windows going down the road and switch to external circulation you can feel the cold of the a/c. I have the new relay to try and see if it helps. I was a bit intimidated by air bag disable recomendations?

Money is tight so I would like to attempt to replace but really can't afford to do any additional damage.

Ok first try hitting the bottom of the blower motor and see if it starts working . We have problems with these blower motors wearing out. check for power and ground to connector 372 in this picture with the blower on "HIGH"

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Took your advice and started tapping on the blower housing and got fan to kick on it's speed is adjustable but much slower than normal.
ok, you have a bad blower motor like i thought. This isn't really that easy to replace and the motor is expensive.. Get an after market one from E-Bay or a local auto parts store for much cheaper. If you decide to replace it yourself be sure you have your radio code and mark the 2 gray connectors behind the glove box because they will interchange and if you connect them you will burn out the climate control unit. I will be out till tomorrow .Let me know if you need instructions for removal.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Auto parts warehouse online has new motor list $360 for $123. I will get it ordered and I have radio code and would love any instructions or diagrams for replacing the unit.

Ok, I have a meting to go to .I wil post them tonight

I downloaded the instruction in PDF format for you click HERE there are some things you need to be careful of first mark connectors 539 and 536 do not cross connect them or you will smoke the climate unit. you can see the steel plate between the blower and evap housing by the transistor. It has 2 screws that go into square nuts that slide into slots in the housing . If you dont insert the screws back into them after you take the plate off they will get lost when you pull the blower housing. Dont worry about the SRS harness just stay away from the yellow connectors and disconnect the battery before you start . If there is anything else I can help you with let me know .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Did you recieve my rating and feedback and Legend Blower Motor Replacement?

Thanks again,

Yes I did thank you . If you ever need anything else let me know .