acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

1993 Acura Legend: the ignition lock module come..steering column

How does the ignition lock module come away from the steering column for replacement on a 1993 Acura Legend?
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr.Do you have the covers off and the pinch bolt out yet? Can you turn the key at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I' m a locksmith on a AAA call. Customer lost keys. Ignition was changed out before current owner. Different key than doors, trunk. Covers are off. Pinch bolt is out and lock rotates and pulls partway out.
ok. my electronic book wont open so send a diagram but I can describe it to you. If you look on top of the metal sleeve that the pinch bolt goes through you will see a small hole. there is a pin that you must press down to let the shaft of the switch slide out of the column. The problem is the switch must be in position 1 to open the slot in the pin for the pin to drop down. let me try to get the drawing for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I normally take out the glovebox lock & make a key from code. First time to remove module on this car. Can't turn lock to position one without key. Catch 22. May have to get out the drill. Was trying to save customer the cost of a new assembly. ($300+).
the key code is usually stamped in the side of the lock housing .See if you can see it without removing the lock .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Even on a replacement lock?

yes even on a replacement there is usually a code stamped in the side of the lock . Try removing the light cover on the end of the lock . it might be on the column side if the lock. I got my book back up heres the location of the pin I downloaded the instruction in PDF format for you click HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll look for a code. My info program (Autotel) says the only codes are on door, trunk and glovebox locks. I already removed light cover, but didn't look for code. If it's there, you've done well. If it isn't, I'm temporarily screwed. Thanks for diagram and advice.

Thank You , Come again . It isn't always but usually on the pre 95 stuff it is there.