acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Acura tl: wont start..inside and lights come on..wont crank

2oo4 acura tl won't start. everything powers up inside and lights come on. changed out battery, still won't crank? anti theft mode activated?
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. We see a few bad starter's in these. check for power to the small black/white wire on the starter with the key in the start position. if you have power then you have a bad starter If not let me know and we can test the system.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
will the anti theft mode do the same? Car initially crunk up fine, drove down street, forgot something, and backed up fast, then park car. came out to crank car, wouldn't start
Expert:  acramstr replied 5 years ago.
The factory alarm does not disable the starter. Are you willing to do some tests on the car?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what tools are needed for the tests? car is under garage and will not go in any other position than park. How am I suppose to move it?
Expert:  acramstr replied 5 years ago.
You said everything powers up ? what else doesn't work? do the brake lights work? There is a little cover in the chrome bezel around the shifter with a small plug in it. pry out the plug and push the key down into the hole and you can move the shifter out of park.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
popped out come bezel, able to move car. thanks. what tools needed for tests?
Expert:  acramstr replied 5 years ago.
Here is how to test the starter . you will need a test light volt meter or a wire to jump power to terminal "A" http://www.justanswer.com/view_image.aspx?href=http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/acuramstr/2011-05-29_050802_c.jpg