Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Acura TL trouble code p1740

code p1740
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

There are some severe issues with Honda/Acura transmissions, including the year and model of yours. The problem is that there is no internal transmission fluid filter. The clutch/band material that wears gets into the front pump, valve body, and torque converter, which is why you have the fault code P1740 which for the 4th clutch pressure switch
Unfortunately, the only recourse is to replace the transmission. Replacing sensors and changing fluids wont help.

There was such as problem that Honda/acura extended the warranty on the transmission, which I have included. As you are past the mileage and yrs, contact Honda/Acura of America customer service. They have been real good about either absorbing the total cost of replacement or at least splitting the cost.

I hate being the bearer of bad news, but I have seen too many like yours, and the results are always the same. And I would rather be upfront with you than lead you into thinking it was something inexpensive or simple

extended warranty information:

Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

sorry, misread yours. P1740 is for the 4th clutch pressure switch located on outside of transmission,