acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

1999 Acura TL: Valves..making slight tapping noise during acceleration

I have a 1999 Acura TL 3.2L. 145K miles.
Valves are making slight tapping noise during acceleration. Can the valves be adjusted on that engine? Chilton Manual says "This engine is equipped with hydraulic valve lash adjusters on the rocker arms, so no valve adjustment is necessary (or even possible)." Howver, the Maintenance Schedule in the Owner's Manual says "Inspect Valve Clearance" at 105K. I just checked my paperwork from 105K Service (performed at Frank Leta Acura in St Louis), and there is nothing there about inspecting the valves. so I don't think it was done at 105K.
HiCustomer welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. the valves are adjustable on the 99 model year engine. the earlier engine had hydraulic lash adjusters. the best way to tell is if the fan belts are facing the fender they are adjustable .If the fan belts face forward they are not adjustable on the acura v6 engine's. They should be adjusted at 105k as well as the timing belt and spark plugs should be changed.