Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda Factory Trained Technician with 13 years of experience

I have high levels of CO in my car. How do i fix that?

i have high levels of CO in my car. How do i fix that?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.

Hello, high CO is indicative of a rich fuel mixture. The most likely cause on your vehicle is an oxygen sensor that's biased lean, causing the engine management system to add more fuel to move the oxygen sensor to it's goal voltage, making the vehicle run rich. If you replace the oxygen sensor it'll likely take care of the high CO issue. I suggest using either a sensor directly from the acura dealer or from the aftermarket you'll want either an NGK or Denso branded sensor, try to avoid the Bosch and universal sensors.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So an O2 sensor would be the one, and where is it located?
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.

It's located in the exhaust between the engine and the catalytic converter

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i put the exhaust in myself there wasn’t a sensor near the cat
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.

Here's an image of it's location.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thank you very much, now my last question, is it possible to put a high preformance air filter on that car like a K&N
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
It is possible, but keep in mind high performance filters gain their additional flow rate by reducing the filtration efficiency, allowing more fine particulates into the engine, so it can reduce the life of your engine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so what would be your recommendation to increase HP?
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.

With the very limited selection of performance parts made for the vigor there isn't a whole lot you can do affordabley aside from a higher flow exhaust, otherwise you're going to need to get into forced induction systems such as a turbo, or use a small shot of nitrous.