thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

1990 Acura: starting problems..he car stalls..my key..really hot days

Customer Question

My 1990 Acura Integra is having starting problems. Sometimes when i start it, the Rmps go up to around 2000 (which is normal) and then would normally drop to about 1000 or around 800, but sometimes when it does this "drop" it just goes all the way and he car stalls, then i cannot turn it over again unless i turn my key all the way back then all the way forward again, i have realized that it happens more frequent on really hot days, and if i give it alot of gas right when i start it, it wont stall. whats my problem here?
Category: Acura
Expert:  thebesthonda replied 6 years ago.

If you have any more questions or need anything please don't hesitate to ask. If the answer I send helps you, please click ACCEPT.

Good morning. Is your check engine light on while driving?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I have no lights on at anytime. It only seems to happen in the summer when its hot out, in the winter it has no problem starting and idling. I have no idea what it could be.
So when the car dies and fails to restart, the engine does not even spin....correct?