Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda Platinum level master tech,ase certified
13523613

I need a unlock code for my 1993 Acura Legend Radio. The s/n

Customer Question

I need a unlock code for my 1993 Acura Legend Radio. The s/n XXXXXXXXX

Thanks
Category: Acura
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
steve :

The radio serial number cam up as a bunch of X's. Can youn try and repost it for me.

Customer :

The s/n is XXXXXXXXX this is for a 1993 Acura Legend 4 door Sedan.

steve :

It still did not post

Customer : NNN-NN-NNNN/p>
Customer :

If you have a email address I can send it to you or you can call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX (o) number

steve :

I got the number this time. We are not allowed to contact customers directly. Give me a minuet and I will see if I can get bthe code for you.

steve :

45136 should be your radio code

Customer :

ok thanks so much Steve. I will wait for your reply, also can you give me the steps on how to enter the code, I purchased the car on yesterday and it did not have a owners manuel or anything.Thanks

steve :

You just use the radio preset buttons to enter the code. If it beeps in the middle of entering the code,stop and start from the beginning again.

Customer :

ok I will try it.

Customer :

steve it did not work. when I turned the radio on and punched in the code it still has a loud hum sound.

Customer :

This is a Bose Premium 2100 Radio

steve :

Does the radio display "code" when turned on or is it displaying the radio stations?

Customer :

No it displays "code" no radio stations at all. and a lound hum like the speakers are busted.

steve :

where did you get the serial number? The code I posted is for that serial number.

Customer :

I took the face plate off and got the s/n from under the bottom of the radio.

steve :

That would be the correct number then. The radio my be faulty. Try disconnecting the battery cables and touch the cables together for a couple minuets. Hook them back up and then see if it will take the code.

Customer :

ok

steve :

Let me know if that works or not.

Customer :

ok hold on for a few.

steve :

Will do

Customer :

Steve that did not work. So the radio may be defective.

steve :

Yes I think so,especially if it was this way when you bought the car.

Customer :

Thanks much!

Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Honda Platinum level master tech,ase certified
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Is there a sticker on the side of the radio with numbers on it? We can also check that one.