thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

temperature gauge keeps..light or stop sign..radiator fan..thermostat

Customer Question

Temperature gauge keeps on going to high when air is on and especially if im standing at a light or stop sign,... compresor was changes, radiator fan, thermostat, and it will work for a couple of days and then it will mess up again... any ideas of what can it be? Please...
Category: Acura
Expert:  thebesthonda replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this. Turn the a/c on, do both radiator fans come on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, but when you turn the car off the radiator fans stays on for about 4-8 minutes
That's normal. So both fans run? That shoots my first thoughts. Have you had the a/c pressure checked with gauges?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, and the mechanic says they are fine, but he has made me spent over $800 and the problem isn't fixed yet..
That stinks. This is almost always a fan issue. What were the pressures at idle?

Start the car, turn the a/c on, the fans suck air from the front of the car through the radiator toward the engine. Place your hand between the radiator and the engine...feel the airflow from the fans...do they feel pretty strong and equal?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont remember the pressures, but when i turn the car & a/c on the airflow does feel pretty strong and equal.
Ok, we need to find out those pressures. So the car never overheats unless the a/c is on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well even after you turn the a/c off the temperature gauge stays up for a while, then comes back to the middle
Ok. Warm it up to a little over 1/2 way, a/c off. Does the large cooling fan turn on? I'm about to go offline, but I will pick back up in the morning.
Any news?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I used it for work today, i work 30 min away from my house, id dint turn on the a/c all day, the temperature gauge stayed half way the whole time & the radiator fan didnt come on
While driving or sitting still? This has to be checked sitting still. The air that comes through the front of the car is enough to cool the engine even if the fans were disconnected.