Rubasu
Rubasu, Acura Technician
Experience:  3 Years as acura dealer tech w/ previous experience w/ volvo
17355537

2005 Acura MDX- Keyless remote will not lock/unlock doors until

Customer Question

2005 Acura MDX- Keyless remote will not lock/unlock doors until driver door is manully locked/unlocked. It will set the security system once the driver door is manually locked.
One passenger door will only lock/unlock manually.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Rubasu replied 5 years ago.
just so i have this straight the drivers and passangers door locks do not work with the key fob...is this what is happening or i have i read the question wrong
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is correct, nothing locks/unlocks with the fob, which has been occurring for several weeks. Now one passenger door will only operate manually.
Expert:  Rubasu replied 5 years ago.
the most common reason for this is faulty dor lock actuators but i find it hard to believe that all of them would stop working at the same time.. i will have to take a look at the schematic for the locks to see if there is a common link to all the locks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if it were the faulty actuators then the locks would not work when using the lock switch on the driver door?
Expert:  Rubasu replied 5 years ago.
ah so they work with the switch inside the car just not with the key fob. it is likely that the battery is dying in the key fob or that for some reason it has become unprogrammed. so let try and reprogram the key fob first before moving on. you will need to turn the key on to position 2 and hit the lock button on the key fob 4 times until you hear the actuators cycle at which time you hit the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob. so it goes like this. key on , hit lock button, key off , key on, hit lock button, key off , key on, hit lock button, key off, key on, hit lock button, key off. you have to do this pretty fast in order to get the locks to cycle then hit the lock and unlock buttons on each of your key fobs....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try this or see if extra key fob works but lets back up to my original question. When I manually unlock the driver door, the key fob would until recently unlock the other 4 doors, now 3 doors(front passenger only responding manually) The system fault seems to be with the driver door.
Expert:  Rubasu replied 5 years ago.
ok i asked you if any of the doors work with the fob and you said no. so which door is not working with the key fob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Now the fob does not work at all. After the 4 cycles do I hit the lock and unlock buttons at the same time?

Sorry!!!!!

Originally, the fob would not unlock the driver door, if the driver door would not unlock then the passenger doors would not unlock thus my hasty response. Once the driver door was unlocked manually the fob would unlock the 4 remaining doors.

However, the front passenger door as of yesterday only locks and unlocks manually.

Also the driver seat memory switch does not function.

Expert:  Rubasu replied 5 years ago.
the memoory issue is likely linked to whatever is going on with the remotes. after you hear the door lock actuators cycle after performing the procedure i told you earlier you hit the lock and unlock buttons seperately of each other not at the same time...let me know if you get the key fob relearned so we can tackle the memory issue
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried the fob reprogram. I did hear the actuators cycle but now the fob does not work at all where before it would work if I manually unlocked the driver door.
Expert:  Rubasu replied 4 years ago.
SORRY FOR THE LONG DELAY I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR A BIT HAVE YOU HAD THIS ISSUE RESOLVED AS OF YET...