thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

2003 Acura MDX: vtm-4 warning lights lit..dealership..wiring

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Acura MDX (45k miles) and both the engine light and the VTM-4 warning lights lit up at the same time. I called the dealership and was told the most common cause of that problem was rodents chewing through the wiring. I researched the internet and found articles that the same symptoms could be caused by a defective ERG valve.

The car is out of warranty and I'm concerned that the rat story is just a way to charge a higher labor price. Any thoughts?
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomerand welcome to,

First thing would be to get the code read. Most local auto parts stores will read the code for free. Get the code and repost it here and i will be able to help you further. The VTM warning light may or may not be related based on the what the engine code is.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'll have to stop and get a reading - do I just reply back once I obtain the info?

Thanks -

yes just repost it here and I will help you further. I will be on tomorrow during the day. Looking forward to working thru to a solution.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will do - thanks