Tech413
Tech413, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  25 years exp, ASE master, 19 years as a Foreman at the same Honda Dealer.
13123924

How to fix the check engine light after clock spring replacement on Ac

Here are the flow charts. The procedure is the same for both codes.

graphicgraphicgraphic

Read full interaction below »

I have a 99 Acura 3.2 TL and I changed Clock spring for steering wheel and front engine mount. Now I have check engine light TCS and D4 light is flashing. Due to this car, really slow acceleration.

Category: Acura
The light was not on before you made the repairs?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There was no light other then SRS light on luster.
This may be hard to do but I need to know what the code is for the check engine light. Most major auto parts stores will retreive the code at no charge.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I mentioned that there was no light and code other then SRS light, After replaced which I explained before. Now codes are p1773 and 1768

The codes are for the clutch control solenoids also known as the linear solenoids. Check the connections make sure they are not broken also look for chewed wire harness. CLICK HERE!!!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

. Let me give you little more detail. Ok Car has only one light that was SRS and Horn was not working that's why I changed Clock Spring and front Engine mount was not good I changed it after that when I turn on the car. Immediately I observed that Check Engine, Tcs lights were on and D4 light was flashing then I checked with scane tool. It gave me two codes that were P1773 and P1768. According to these codes, I checked harness connectors go to A/T Cluch pressure solenoid and PCM connectors. After all these I changed the Cluch pressure solenoid but no progressive. One friend of mine gave me this site so I am here and hoping that I will get some solution. One thing I forgot to mention that Cruise control also not working.

If the light comes on as soon as you turn the key on then you have an open or a short in the harness. or you have a bad PCM. I will send you the flow charts as soon as Honda's web site comes back online.

graphicgraphicgraphic