acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

HELP! The floor of my car is completely soaked with water.

HELP! The floor of my car is completely soaked with water. The sides are dry, seats are dry, just the floors are wet and it's on both sides of the car, front and back. Car is not overheating and it seems like it's just water, not antifreeze
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ivan replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer what kind of car do you have?

Your JA Expert,

Ivan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have an Acura Integra. 1.8 Engine, 4cyl, manual transmission. It has a hatchback and a moonroof

Expert:  Ivan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I'm going to shoot you to the acura section since the moonroof may be playing a role.
Expert:  Ivan replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I sent your question to an Expert that I feel can help. He's off line right now, but he should get back to you soon. Thanks and have a Happy New Year.

Ivan

Expert:  acramstr replied 5 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I'm acuramstr. these can be a little tricky to track down so please be patent while I ask a lot of questions .First of all make sure the floor boards are not rusted out. then be sure the drain on the a/c isn't plugged (the a/c runs when the defroster is on ) do you have a moon roof ? do you have water in the spare tire well ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello.

I don't think the floor boards are rusted out. I just had the vehicle serviced at Lindsay Acura and it checked out fine. I don't know where the drain on the a/c is, so I'll have to have someone check for me. I have a moon roof, but there is no water on the seats or anything like that. I just checked the spare tire well and there is water there. It seems like it it was low enough on the car, it got wet. The parts of the carpet that are raised a little bit didn't get wet.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How much water is in the water pump? Could it have all leaked out? There is really quite a bit of water in the car. Ok to drive to work this morning?
Expert:  acramstr replied 5 years ago.
if the water is clear and it dosent smell its not from the engine you might have a moon roof drain tube that fell offand is draining into the car or another common problem is the gaskets between the tail lights and the body . oprn the radidator cap WITH THE CAR COLD. and see if it is full before driving . also if the water is foging the inside of the windows it might be safe to drive if you cant see out of the car .
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1