Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
72280797

By mistake I deleted one of my Quicken accounts (HGK SU

Customer Question

By mistake I deleted one of my Quicken accounts (HGK SU TRUST UNION BANK). I believe it may have wound up in "TRASH". How can I recover the data in the account?
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have no more information. Please tell me exactly what you mean under "more"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: No. I just want to get into how to recover from trash.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,

This is official Quicken answer. To recover a deleted account, the only way is to restoring a back up. -- If you are sure that you deleted the account and not just hide it. Please see below citation and website link.

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP, IMTA

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-delete-account-quicken-data-file-or-recover-deleted-account

The data can only be recovered by restoring a backup. To maintain a record of the transactions without having the account show on your account list, hide the account instead. To delete an account: In Quicken, click on Tools on the top menu bar, then choose Account List (or hold down Ctrl+A on your keyboard).