Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I just changed to a newer computerr, I formally used a quick

Customer Question

I just changed to a newer computerr
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I formally used a quick insert to save my check book as I entered each check and then was able to keep records. each time I saved data to my flash drive it omitted what it had last and remember the current data. I saved the flash drive but I cannot open it due some problem . If I go to a new version will I be able to up date from quicien 14 (which I don't have ) to the new version (quick version) to get to my 2916 data?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: With the new version quicken 2017 can they contact my bank for last years data?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

quicken does not back up or save the way you think it does.

every data file and every backup contains the entire data that was available in the quicken before.

But yes you would be able to open whatever file you had on the computer with a newer version of quicken.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome

If that helped I would really appreciate if you would give me an excellent rating

Thank you