Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I am using Quicken Deluxe 2015. Each year I add a new

Customer Question

I am using Quicken Deluxe 2015. Each year I add a new checking (cash) account for the current year. However, when I write a check for the 2017 account, Quicken wants to draw from the 2016 account. How do I change that to the 2017 account?
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: No. I have been able to accomplish the desired change before but have forgotten how I did it.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

quicken really doesn't like to work the way you want it to work

it would prefer to keep the same account ( as you keep the same account in real life)

and you can just filter it to show only this years or last years transactions if that is what you want to do.

If you really really want to create a new quicken account each year for the same bank account i can show you how to do that. many people do it that way. It is just more complicated.