Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I just bought an imac and purchased Quicken 2017. I was

Customer Question

I just bought an imac and purchased Quicken 2017. I was wondering how I forward my year end balances and start a new year with a fresh start and still keep my full 2016 information. It was much easier with Quicken for windows.
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: No just would like some help before the end of the year with my problem starting a near year fresh without loosing this years information.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

quicken doesnt really expect you to close out the year

It works best if you just keep all of your data and use a filter to show the register or reports for only the current year.