Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have Quicken 2007 operating on a Mac OS X 10.9.5, and a

Customer Question

I have Quicken 2007 operating on a Mac OS X 10.9.5, and a screen message came up, saying: "Trying to get non-existent transaction". Quicken is frozen, and the cursor is a spinning globe on the Quicken screens. Apple has confirmed that the problem is related to the Quicken 2007. I called Intuit, bit they no longer have anyone with expertise on Quicken 2007. My data is not backed up. How can I proceed to unfreeze the current program and restore its functionality? G. W. Gibson
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

if you can get the quicken to open with the data file you can reindex it and save a new copy

1. Open the data file in Quicken.

2. Open the Accounts window, and then press the COMMAND, OPTION, and B keys on the keyboard simultaneously to reindex your file.
  3. Once the file has reindexed, select the File menu select Save a Copy.

Note: This may remove transactions from the Download Transactions window. If you have transactions in Download Transactions window, you should accept any new or non-matching transactions prior to performing a Save a Copy.

When saving the copy, you may want to give the copy a new name and save it to the desktop.

4. After the Save a Copy is complete, select the Quicken File menu and select Open File.
  5. In the Open window, select the data file that you just created with the Save a Copy feature.
  6. Verify that any problems you were experiencing are resolved in this new file, and then continue using this new copy as your data file.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It didn't work!

At what point did it not work?

Please understand that the data file is corrupted

There is not much that can be done for those

If you can get it open you can try reindexing as above

If it won't open that far it's a lost cause

Quickens main response for a corrupt data file is load a backup

You might be better served trying to find one of those