Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I want to use MS Access to access my Quicken data file and

Customer Question

I want to use MS Access to access my Quicken data file and generate specialty reports. Exporting to Xcel from various reports is cumbersome and not getting what I want. It would be useful if I could link to the raw data (or exported raw data) directly with Access thru an ODBC link?
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with the export using ODBC to MS Access.

I have not actually tried (or read anyone else do this) to pull raw data from Quicken using an ODBC driver. If I can spend an hour or so attempting different export options, I will let you know what worked. I will respond again soon!

Thank you!

Karen

Hi!

Unfortunately, I was not able to setup a live ODBC connection with Quicken. I did create a transaction list from Quicken, Export to an Excel Compatible format (.txt) and open in MS Access using External Data Connection (.txt). I then could 'update' the transaction list with more data from Quicken by exporting another transaction list and then linking and importing this new list to the current .txt file in Access. It is still not 'clean' as you have totals but it is close.

If you are interested in the steps or need more information, please let me know.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Karen J

If you tell me or send examples as to what report you need from Quicken, I will be happy to see if I can customize in Quicken for you.

Thanks,

Karen J