Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor
96003480

I have a PayPal account. I was on their site and asked them

Customer Question

I have a PayPal account . I was on their site and asked them to do a download. I had never used that service w them before, tho use all the time w other accounts and love the service.
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: The down load was done but it opened a new account in my quicken account . So now I have two PayPal accounts. I want to merge the two accounts because there is a lot of data in the old account that I do not want to lose but I want to be able to do auto down loads. I selected the old account and tried to set up downloading but I just got another new account added which has only a few values. I did read another post and went thru with the recommended merge process but I was uncertain at the very end whether I should push the proceed button so I chickened out! was I doing the right thing.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help!

Recap Issue: Merge two Paypal accounts into one

There is not a merge function in Quicken although you can copy and move transactions from one account to another. What steps did you use?

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I went to the account page. I selected the name of the merge two account and pasted it in the name of the merge from account. This then carried me to a state where I had to push and except button and I was afraid to do it and did not know what that would do so I am now An impasse.
When I basically want to do is to be able to download data to my existing account. I don't need a new account actually. But when I go to PayPal and asked him to download the data I get a new account created every time that I delete. If I asked to make my current account a downloadable account nothing happens except the creation of a new account so this may be impossible. If there is someway I can download one copy data from the old account to the new account that would be acceptable but there are several pages of transactions in the old account

Would you be willing to accept a secure remote session so I can see your pc and the steps you are using to connect to paypal? We can then use instant message to talk. You should be able to update and download transactions without creating a new account.

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm eating lunch right this minute and we like to wait about perhaps to about 15 after the hour: 115 Eastern time would be fine then you can call me that would be fine

Sure, that works! Do you want a phone call (additional $26) or secure remote connection so I can see your pc screen (no additional cost) or both?

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't want to spend more. This no big deal. I can live ok w no solution. So I guess the latter is the answer

OK. Yes, I will send a link for you at 1:15 PM EST to download a file and once completed click to connect. I can then see your screen and help you connect to Paypal from Quicken. I have two Paypal accounts that I use in Quicken and I am 100% sure I can resolve this issue for you. (NOTE: There is no additional cost for this).

Thank you,

Karen

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
55357;�
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Fine

Here is the link for the remote session:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c9f510a8-e50c-4195-bf12-ea0449169551

I will see you once you are logged in.

Thanks,

Karen

Your rating today is vital feedback and will help us to improve our customer service. If I have not given you 5-star service today, please let me know.
I will be happy to further review questions/issues!

Thank you for your feedback and using JustAnswer!

Karen