Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor
96003480

How do I recover information from cloud sync?

Customer Question

how do I recover information from cloud sync?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help.

I currently do not have access to the premium services however to answer your request, can you please tell me which financial software you are using and have you signed up for the online backup service or do you sync data separately on your cloud platform?

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have quicken 2016 version and no, I have not signed up for online backup. Every time I am exiting the program, a box pops up asking is I would like to sync with the cloud, I always allow this

Ok. These instructions should allow you to restore a quicken back data file:

(NOTE: I would back up data first using the same steps but instead of restore from backup select backup quicken data file).

From File/Backup and Restore/Select Restore From Back up file. You will see a pop up box to restore your automatic backups (you should see a list of files) or browse to restore backup file (from your pc or cloud platform) or restore from online backup (which is Quicken's backup service). You can then follow the prompts to restore the file.

NOTE: This will restore the entire data to your accounts. So please make sure and backup current data prior to restore)

I can send you a secure remote link to see your pc screen and use instant message to communicate if this will help.

Please let me know if this answers your request.

Thanks,

Karen

I do have access to a premium services now - would a live phone call help you now or did the instructions in the last email work for you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Maybe later, I had to run but would like to try later

Ok - no worries! I will be available later also.

Thanks,

Karen

Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 12 days ago.

Did the steps I sent Nov 23 help you recover your information? If not, I can offer the premium service phone call if you are still interested.

If the your question is resolved, your rating today is vital feedback and will help us to improve our customer service. If I have not given you 5-star service today, please let me know.

Thank you for your feedback and using JustAnswer!

Karen

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, it did not help, there are no automatic backups on my computer, it only backed up to the missing thumb and to the cloud. That is why I was attempting to find how to restore from the cloud

Do you have time for a secure remote session so I can see your computer screen when you go through the restore steps?

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If you can wait until later, I just left the house for a few hours

Ok. Please let me know when you have a few minutes. I will be happy to review with you.

Thanks,

Karen

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you

You're welcome!

FYI - you may be trying to sync your cloud data with your desktop - if so, here are the steps:

When you set up Quicken for mobile we take care of the first sync automatically. Afterwards, here's how to sync your data whenever you want:

1. Within your desktop software, click the Mobile & Alerts tab (under Edit/Preferences).
  2. Click Sync Now.
  3. If prompted, enter your password. Depending on how you've set things up, this may either be your Password ***** password, or your Intuit ID password.

If this is not what you are trying to do or does not answer your question, lets setup a remote session when you have a few minutes so I can see your computer screen.

Thank you,

Karen

Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 10 days ago.

Hi - Checking in with you , did my last email help with your cloud sync? Nov 27, 12:48 PM

Thanks,

Karen