Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

How do i convert income to expenses and vice a versa. I

Customer Question

how do i convert income to expenses and vice a versa. I typed an account for two months and my expenses are showing as income
JA: The financial software technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: First of all I'm using 2010 Quicken. I had to up load on my lap top computer cause I got a very bad virus and they had to delete all files. So I upload it again and I'm having problems where my incomes are showing as expenses when I do a summary report for the month
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else the financial software technician should be aware of?
Customer: I can't think of any right now
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 19 days ago.

check what category you put them into

if they were actually showing as expenses in the register it would be pretty obvious in the balance being way off.

what is more likely is that you used an expense category instead of an income category and so in the report it is sorting it by category.

If that is not it and you are willing to pay a little bit extra i can get you my phone number and remote in and see exactly what happened and fix it for you.