Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have installed Quicken 2016 but cannot restore files from

Customer Question

I have installed Quicken 2016 but cannot restore files from 2012
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: It can find the 2 bank accounts but will not download transactions
JA: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: When I set up the accounts names manually they were not there later. I just want to be able to manually enter records of 2 cheque accounts and run reports
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

the way i understand it the 2016 program did convert your old data.

It just won't download new data from the banks.

That is a pretty common occurrence. It has to do with the banks and quickens security not being sure that the request is coming from the same place it was before due to differences in the program.

What you want to do is to hit ctrl A to pull up the account list

then select each account and click edit.

under the online services tab

there should be a button to reset the link. otherwise there will be one to remove or add it. either way what you want to do is either reset it or remove it and add it again or just add it if it is not shown as being there already.

it will ask for your bank id and password.

put those in and then you might have to select which account at the bank goes to which quicken account.

once you do that it should work again.

I am available to speak on the phone and log in remotely to do it with you if you would find that easier. But there is an additional charge for that.

Either way i am still here for you and will work with you until you are happy. I just ask that you please give me an excellent rating once it is working. That is the only way that i can receive any credit for my work with you.

Thank you.