Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor
96003480

We have 2015 Quicken and my husband downloaded all the

Customer Question

We have 2015 Quicken and my husband downloaded all the previous info from 2006 Quicken into the 2015 version. Our accountant said we do not have to retain the info from anything before 2016 so would like to delete this old info... is there a way to do this while in Quicken and deleting everything on the register prior to 2016? Thank you.
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: We have hard copies of everything we need prior to 2016 (out accountant has these also).
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now.

Yes, you can archive old data (as opposed to deleting the data) and keep only current transactions in the current data file, here is a detailed link:

https://www.quicken.com/support/archive-quicken-info-end-year

Please let me know if you have further issues or questions.

Thanks,

Karen

Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if this answers your question. Your rating today is vital feedback and will help us
to improve our customer service. If I have not given you 5-star service today, please let me know
I will be happy to further review questions/issues! Thank you for your feedback and using JustAnswer!

Karen