Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor
96003480

I just upgraded my system to macOS Sierra, Version 10.12. I

Customer Question

I just upgraded my system to macOS Sierra, Version 10.12. I have quicken essentials. How do I upgrade Quicken Essentials?
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: A message pops up saying that this version of the application "Quicken Essentials" does not work with my version of macOS. Is there an upgrade?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now.

Unfortunately, as you found out, Quicken Essentials is no longer supported and Intuit confirms that Quicken Essentials will not run on Sierra. Here is the information from Quicken:

Quicken Essentials, a discontinued product, has not been tested with Sierra. If you updated your Mac operating system to the recent Sierra release, Quicken Essentials will no longer work.
Your Quicken Essentials data file is still safe and on your system, and can be opened on your Sierra system by converting the file to Quicken Mac 2016.

If you have Quicken Essentials and have already upgraded to Sierra, you can purchase and install Quicken 2016 for Mac and easily migrate your Essentials file to Quicken 2016. You can also revert back to the previous Mac OS you were using to run Quicken essentials.

This link should answer all question re: upgrading to Quicken 2016 for mac: https://www.quicken.com/mac/faq

Please let me know if this does not answer your question!

Thank you,

Karen