Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor
96003480

After a Windows 10 update I am unable to access Cash

After a Windows 10 update I am unable to access Cash Manager.
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The icon does not work and the pass does not exist
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: I am at a loss. do you want to know the order number

Hi -

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question today!

Are you using Quicken? and if so, which year?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cash Manager 2016

We have had a few request sent in lately with Quicken (US & Canada) version not working after Windows 10 update.

Step 1 - click on the link: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

scroll to bottom for Canada version, click here to download the mondo patch for Canada 2016. When download is finished, save to desktop and then run from desktop.

Step 2 - If the mondo patch above does not help, you will need to 'roll back' windows 10 update to earlier build:

What you are trying to do is 'rollback' to an earlier build of Windows 10. Here are the steps for this:

To do this, open the Start screen or Start menu and select Settings. Navigate to Update & security > Recovery. Click or tap the “Get started” button under “Go back to an earlier build” to uninstall the current build of Windows 10 and go back to the one you were using previously. Here is the link to the page:

http://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

Please let me know if you have further questions/issues. I will be happy to offer a premium service phone call if this helps you.

Thanks,

Karen