Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor

I just received the new Quicken 2017 upgrade. If I would

Customer Question

I just received the new Quicken 2017 upgrade. If I would upgrade would all my settings such as the check type and categories stay the same? Also write checks as I am used to.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I know have 2105 Personal and business.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: This is only an upgrade? I am setting up an office at my church so could I use this as a program or not to install it to that computer?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 5 days ago.

HI Marion -

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question today!

You should not need to uninstall Quicken 2015; just install the 2017 version and once you open you data file, the data will be updated as need but retain your original settings. As always, make sure to back up your 2015 data prior to start install. Here is quic***** *****nk with further details for you:

Please let me know if you have further questions or issues with install. I will be happy to help!