Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I was approved for 2015 extension and I can access my 2015

Customer Question

I was approved for 2015 extension and I can access my 2015 form, but I don't see how I can update the form. I also need to file amended returns for 2013 and 2014 because I forgot to carry over my capital losses. I need to add K-1 data to 2015. I need to know where to start. First I need to know how to amend 2013 and 2014
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I would be happy to help you with your questions. What software are you using?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
turbo tax for 2012-2015 online

Let's start with the amended returns. The first step is that you would need to save a copy of the original return that was filed.

For 2013 you would sign on to the return. On the tax timeline you would click amend (change) 2013. You will be instructed to download your tax file. Click download your tax file and save it to your desktop for easy reference.

To amend the return you would need to download Turbo Tax Deluxe Desktop for 2013 and install it on your computer.

You would want to open the return in the 2013 software. You want to make sure that the return is exactly the same as you originally filed. You should already have a copy of the return but I suggested doing a save as to have a desktop Turbo Tax Version. Click on the federal tab other tax situation scroll down and select amend a tax return, Click start, and follow directions to amend the return. With an amended return you would need to file a paper copy.