Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I'm using Quicken 2007 on an iMac 10.6.8.. Upon opening I

Customer Question

I'm using Quicken 2007 on an iMac 10.6.8.. Upon opening I discovered that two accounts had been contaminated with partial data from third account.
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I gave you the crux of the problem.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: I looked to time machine for backup files, but got a "Unable to open quotes file" message.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Data from three accounts has disappeared and has been replaced with partial data from a fourth account which remains intact.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

that does not actually sound like something that quicken would do.

usually when people tell me something like that it turns out that the data was sorted wrong in the register or they were looking at a report that automatically includes data from all accounts rather than the register itself.

If what you think happened actually did happen then your only recourse is to load a backup file.

But i would look at the simpler explanations above before doing that. Just close every window that quicken might have open until you get your start screen. then select your account from the list of accounts.

make sure that it is set to sort by date and not filter anything out.

If you would like to pay a little bit extra i can log in remotely to fix it for you no matter what happened.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your response did not help with my problem at all. Please provide a refund for me.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

I gave you an offer where I would log in and fix it for you guaranteed

There is no way that loading a backup file would not have fixed it

So I suspect that you either did not understand or did not try my advice. I guarantee that if I logged on remotely i would fix it using those exact techniques

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Robert--this is a very serious problem for me as I have many years of financial data stored on Quicken and I rely on it to reconcile bank accounts and credit cards. You have not demonstrated an ability to solve this problem which requires a detailed knowledge of the workings of Quicken. If you had I would be willing to take you up on the offer of online support.