Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have QuickBooks Pro -2010. It's worked perfectly for years

Customer Question

I have QuickBooks Pro -2010. It's worked perfectly for years (maybe that's the problem).
I now get a screen (QuickBooks - Unrecoverable Error). The report shows a code: 19706 40578. The screen should allow me to communicate, but is not working. I get another screen, "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". HELP, I'm very dependent on this program.
Any ideas. Thanks for your help.
Ted Stagg ***@******.***
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 2 months ago.

Hi Ted -

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now. I will respond shortly!

Quick Question - What windows version are you using and did windows have an update in the last day or so?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No updates
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm using QuickBooks Pro - 2010. No recent updates.

Hi Ted -

Please make sure you have a backup of data prior to proceeding:

Ok, first we need to have you download and install the latest QB Pro 2010 update from this link:

https://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/ProductUpdates.aspx

Make sure QB is closed and then Click on Update, download qbwebpatch.exe and once completed, save to desktop and then from the desktop, select the file to run.

Once this is done, please respond back and let me know if this resolved the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just got a call and need to leave for a short time. I'll be back later and will do as you suggested.
Thanks,Ted

Ok, thank you! Please let me know if this resolves the issue. This is Quicken's first suggestion to resolve the error.

Hi Ted -

Checking in to see if the update resolved your issue? If hot, please let me know.

Karen