Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor

I have a new HP laptop. I have been using Quicken 2013 and

Customer Question

I have a new HP laptop. I have been using Quicken 2013 and would like to have all my documents restalled to a new version of quicken, if possible.
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have the install disk for Quicken home and business 2013. Do I need to buy a new disk, or can it be installed/purchased online a new version? I had all my Quicken transferred to the new computer, but I need to install a Quicken program in order to access the documents.
JA: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I am not sure how to install the program and transfer my data into the program.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 28 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now. I will respond shortly!

Hi - (Please backup data)

If you would like to upgrade to a new version of Quicken Home & Business, you can do that here: (NOTE: You can install your current 2013 version and upgrade at any time to 2016 using the same link. Quicken will convert your data file for you). Once the 2016 file is installed, (or you can order cd's), open Quicken and use these steps to access your current QB Files in 2016:

1. Choose File menu > File Operations > Find Quicken Files.
  2. Specify whether you want Quicken to locate all the Quicken data files on this computer, or just a file with a name you enter.
    If you don't know the complete name of the data file you want, enter the part of the name that you do remember, and then use a single asterisk to replace the missing characters either before or after the part of the name you enter.
  3. In the Look in field, select where you want Quicken to look for the file.
  4. Click Find to start the search. If Quicken displays the data file you want before the search is complete, you can click Stop to end the search.
  5. In the Data Files Found area, select the file you want to open.
  6. Click Open.

Quicken displays the files that meet your search criteria in the Data Files Found area. If you have several data files with the same name, the date may help you identify the file you want.

Did the above solution solve your issue? If not, please let me know and I will continue to review.

If so, that is awesome news! At JustAnswer, we value your feedback and rating of our service so we can ensure all customers have a great experience and will continue to use JustAnswer in the future for all your business software questions.

Thank you,