Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor

How do we prevent duplicate transactions in QB when matching

Customer Question

How do we prevent duplicate transactions in QB when matching transactions on QBO under Bank and Credit Cards. For example if we classify a bank transfer fromChecking Account #1 to Checking Account #2 it shows up in QBO under the "For Review" section on both. If we set the classification as Transfer for Checking Account #1 to Checking Account #2 and accept it on both ends would the two transactions sync or would they create a duplicate?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the last response. My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now. To clarify the issue, you are using the same bank account for your bank and credit card and you are getting duplicate records of the payments when downloading transactions?

Hi Kevin -

I believe this will answer your question but if not, please let me know:

Transferring funds from one account to another is not a transaction in terms of categorizing it, like you would an expense or purchase. The easiest way to do it is:

From home page screen, click "+" sign

select "Transfer" under Other header

Enter Funds Transfer screen:

• From
  • To
  • Amount
  • Memo = Banking

Hi Kevin -

Does this answer your request? If so, can you accept the answer please? If not, please send me feedback or additional concerns and I will respond.

Have a great night!

Did any of the above solutions solve your issue? If not, please let me know and I will continue to review.

If so, that is awesome news! At JustAnswer, we value your feedback and rating of our service so we can ensure all customers have a great experience and will continue to use JustAnswer in the future for all your business software questions.

Thank you,