Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson, Client Support & Accountant - 15+ years
Experience:  BS Accounting & Computer Science, QB Certified ProAdvisor
96003480

I have an unlock number for quicken 2010 but it won't accept

Customer Question

I have an unlock number for quicken 2010 but it won't accept it to re-install on a new computer running windows 10.
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: As i just said, I have quicken 2010 and an unlock number that won't take when I try to re-install on a new computer. How do I get an unlock number that will be accepted?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: no
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 3 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer ! My name is ***** ***** I were reviewing your question now. I will respond shortly.

Hi - this is going to require a bit more research. Checking now.

Is there a message you see when entering the unlock code?

To clarify, you are trying to re-install your original Quicken program cd and not an upgrade, correct?

The Quicken program will prompt you for a new unlocking code each time you reinstall. Quicken unlocking codes synchronize with the program's serial number, which changes each time the program is installed. Therefore, the original unlocking code will not work again.

You may obtain another unlocking code or a Quicken CD-ROM via:
Telephone (Available for versions 2001 and newer): Call Quicken Sales and Service at(###) ###-####from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. pacific time, Monday through Friday to request a new unlocking code. Press "4" for customer service.

Please note: Quicken 2010 may no longer be supported by Quicken Support so you will need to purchase a new version.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you!Karen
Expert:  Karen Joinson replied 2 months ago.

Hi -

Did any of the above solutions solve your issue? If not, please let me know and I will continue to review.

If so, that is awesome news! At JustAnswer, we value your feedback and rating of our service so we can ensure all customers have a great experience and will continue to use JustAnswer in the future for all your business software questions.

Thanks, Karen