Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Highly experienced in professional tax products, Microsoft Office - power Excell user - as well as Windows, Linux & iOS operating systems.
1929974

I have 2012 Quickbooks. I have 3 companies. 2 of the 3

Customer Question

I have 2012 Quickbooks. I have 3 companies. 2 of the 3 companies will open up and allow me to work in it but one company (my personal one) will not open. I enter the password ***** this Crash Catcher screen pops up and won't log me into that company.
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: Oh, I am also using a Mac Book Pro
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name's Lane. Looks like no one's responding here. I'll try to help

...

I did some searching through our knowledge base and found this. Hope it helps.

...

Here are the steps to fix this:

1 - Quit QuickBooks if it is running

2 - In the Finder menu at top of you screen, hold down the option key, THEN choose Go, then Library

3 - When the Library window opens, double click on the preferences folder

4 - In the preferences folder, drag ALL of the files that START with com.intuit.quickbooks2015... out to the desktop (I had some com.intuit.Quicken files that I left there)

5 - Relaunch QuickBooks and open your company file

...

If this isn't your version, if some of the screens are different, it's important to note that what you're doing is getting the files to start from a different location ... shoulld be some version of moving files from the library to your desktop or another location.

...

Hope this helps

...

Lane