Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I purchased a new computer and a version of quicken. however

Customer Question

hi pearl, i purchased a new computer and a version of quicken. however the old computer (used for our corvette club ) had an old version of quic***** *****ke 1998 I think. I tried to install the new version and of course could not import old data. the program told me to install Q2004 and uninstall Q2016 then update data to Q2004 which I did and it worked fine. Now however I still cannot update the data to use in Q2016. now what? I had to do the club banking today so used 2004 but cannot figure how to back it up. what can I do?
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: ummm not that I'm aware of
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

in the 2004 version

go to file / file operations / validate

that should check the file for errors and correct any that it finds which might interfere with the transfer

then go to file / save a copy as

and remember where you save the new file and give it a new name

then install the 2016 and in that

go to file / open

and browse to the new file that you made using the copy as above

If you want to pay a little bit extra i can get you my phone number and log in remotely to convert the file for you or convert it on my computer and send it back to you if you still have problems