Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I use Quicken 2004 Deluxe on my business computer and

Customer Question

I use Quicken 2004 Deluxe on my business computer and Quicken 2013 Deluxe on my home computer. I'm reasonably certain I use the same password ***** both. Effective today, the password ***** been using no longer works on either computer.
JA: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?
Customer: No
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 months ago.

that seems a weird coincidence. there would be no relationship between them.

I would think it more likely that you are trying the wrong password ***** somebody changed them on you.

You can use the password ***** tool on the 2013 one from this page

But there is no way to get the password ***** the 2004 as it is too old. You might try converting the file to the 2013 and then trying the tool

You might also try loading a backup file. That should still have the old password ***** it.